Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Lovin and Latrobe Air Show

We spend a lot of time playing outside. The kids have a million toys to play on and they love playing with the neighbors.
Cody is still lovin his cop car!!
 Grandma Flint got Wyatt this 4-wheeler for his birthday, and I was more than excited for the weather to warm up so that we could bring it outside. It makes the most annoying sounds and I am happy to have it out of my house:) He enjoys it a lot more outside anyways. 
 Another thing to notice about the above picture is in the background. Russ is roping his home made steer. He orded the head on line and made the body out of PVC pipe. It is officially called a "fast lane roping dumby." It is a dream of his to team rope in a rodeo one day. He doesn't want to go pro or anything, just for fun.

We play so hard during the day that Russ and the kids are too exhausted to even make it to their beds. I was talking to my mom on the phone and when I came down stairs this is what I found. I love how Wyatt has completely taken over the pillow and Russ is pushed off to the side.
Notice that Wyatt is still wearing the same jammies in this next photo. This is the next day, and we were obviously being lazy. Instead of getting dressed we decided to make a dessert and lick the pudding off the beaters. Not to mention it was like 12:30 in the afternoon:)
 That night we cooked dutch oven with the neighbors and when it got dark Cody went with his friends and caught lightening bugs. They are the CUTEST things EVER when they are flying around with their little blinking lights on top of the hill. We checked out a book at  the library about lightening bugs that taught us all about them. After reading it Cody was just too excited to catch some.
They are just beetles and the flashing lights are a chemical reaction.

This is Cody holding the one he caught.

Yesterday we packed up the kids and went and watched the last 11/2 hours of the air show at the Latrobe Airport. I swear taking Cody to do anything can be such a painful experience. We barely got out of the car and he was already whining to go home. Granted it was a little hot and its kind of hard for a little kid  to look up at the sky for very long, but oh my goodness!! 
So this is how he enjoyed the air show, he sat and ate his happy meal.
 Wyatt however loved looking at the planes and seeing the cool tricks they were doing. Every time they did a cool trick he would say "Uh Oh." It was pretty adorable!!

If you look right in the center of these pictures you can see the Blue Angels. 



We are cheap so we just went and parked at Russ' school, where it was free to watch (we are use to the FREE air shows at HAFB) but we ended up still seeing a pretty good show. 
I have to say, I think the Thunderbirds are a little bit cooler than the Blue Angels, but it was still awesome to see them and the the other airplanes do some cool tricks. 

2 comments:

Janalee said...

I love those days, 12:30 and still in jammers. LOVE it. We do those probably more than we should, but hey its summer! Glad you guys are finding fun things to do. I personally not a fan of air shows, like CODY it's too fetching hot and hard to look up without getting one mother of a headache. glad you guys had fun though. haha!:)

We Krazy Knuts said...

Oh, your kids are so cute! And maybe it will make you feel better to know that Ben is exactly the same way when we take him somewhere...always whining and wanting to go home. I sometimes wonder why we even try to do anything fun!! Oh well.
But for real, your family is adorable!!