After interviewing in South Dakota, Pennsylvania and Salt Lake, Russ was accepted to every program he applied to. After weighing out the pros and cons of each program we have finally reached a decision about the CRNA program he will be attending.
Drum roll please......
Pennsylvania!!!!
The school is located about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh (close to the airport) in Latrobe PA.
It was hard to make the decision to leave Utah and all our friends and family, but we know that it is the right decision for Russ' education and our family. Going to Pennsylvania will allow our family to be together the entire time Russ is in school. Attending either of the other programs would make it so that Russ would have to be gone for weeks and months at a time doing clinicals. Plus the program in Pennsylvania is shorter and cheaper than the other programs.
We are actually pretty excited about this adventure that we will be embarking on. It will be a huge culture shock Iam sure, but it will be cool to have a whole different experience living near the East Coast.
We want LOTS of visitors while we are there, so start planning your vacations now :)

9 comments:
Oh my goodness!! That is so far away but so exciting for you guys!! Congrats! I am sure you will have the time of your lives there.
That is so awesome. You can go to Amish town and hit all the old antique fabric shops:)
It will be interesting to see where Matt goes for his Doctorate in PT. Utah, Arizona, Nebraska, Delaware, or Colorado?
It will be such a fun adventure for your family, and it probably helps that your kids are so young:)
Good luck!
What a great opportunity for your family! Even though it is HARD to leave the comfortable life you know, it is a wonderful experience! It really helps your family grow closer together!
Congratulations and good luck in your new adventure!
Oh, and thank you for little Wyatt's birth announcement! He is so adorable!
We will miss you guys! You better keep us updated while you're out there! :) What a great opportunity for Russ and your family! :)
Dear Lindy,
I think about this daily actually.
I am so excited for you and your adventure that awaits you. You will find living away from family is outstanding and does wonderful things to your marriage and family relationships.
I just am selfish and wish oh so badly that you weren't going. And if you were moving anywhere it would be to Logan... but that is just me.
Love,
Selfish ol me.
I am not going to lie I kind of wanted to cry when you told me you were leaving but I am so happy for you! I will miss you guys like crazy but Ryan is already planning a vacation to come and visit you guys so Dyaln and Wyatt can play! It will be awesome and you will love it!
I just have to keep telling myself that I will visit home often, at least 2 to 3 times a year for at least 2 weeks at a time. It will be very hard to leave, but not as hard as having Russ away from our family for weeks to months at a time. I am sure I will have plenty of emotional break downs as it gets closer. I am really trying to have a positive outlook and I very much appreciate everybodies positive feedback. I know this will be a great experience for our family. And I am serious, I really do want people to come visit. We are already planning on having a guest room.
HOW AWESOME!! I think the East coast will be a blast. We will definitely be coming out to visit! Way to go Russ!!!
Post a Comment