Monday, September 10, 2012

Hanging out with Daddy in Utah

Russ met up with us after we'd been in Utah for about 3 weeks. He was able to spend 3 weeks there too, taking our trip to a grand total of 6 weeks, talk about spoiled!!
First order of business for Russ was his annual trip to the Tetons with his Dad and our Nephew Braxten. They had a blast. 
As soon as Russ returned he Baptized Jake. He was so excited to do this. Russ would take Jake and make him his own if he thought he could get away with it. 


This is at Russ' grandma's house. She always has tootsie rolls in a candy dish on her counter. Wyatt has figured out how to get up there all by himself. He takes the lid off, takes a candy, replaced the lid and says "Thank You" then climbs back down. It is so freaking cute and funny!!
 Russ always gets put to work at his parents house and my parents house. Only thing is, he LOVES IT!! He loves to get  outside and work hard in the yard and with the animals. 
Wheel Barrow rides!! 

 Getting the 4-wheelers ready to go. Cannot even say how glad we are that we didn't sell these. We love to ride them we go to Utah.
On a ride out by Pebble Beach at Willard Bay
Of course we had to go another camping trip so that Cody's head didn't explode. So we decided to take some shot guns and shoot some skeet. Ear protection: safety first!!
 We were camping by the Cub River (our most farovite place to go camping ever!!!) and so we took a little 4 wheeler ride up to the Paris Ice Caves. They were pretty cool, pun intended!!
 This was by the entrance
Goofy boy!!
Making sure baby brother doesn't fall!!
 Right by our camp site was a trail head to the natural springs where the Cub River begins. It was SO beautiful up there. 


 We got in A LOT of 4-wheeling. There are so many trails up there, you could ride for days and see something new every day.
 We were able to see the Pat Hollow crash site. It was a plane that was bringing soldiers home from the Korean war. They were leaving Seattle and were on the way to Cheyenne to drop off the first bunch and they crashed because of being over weight and extremely cold weather. On our way up there we met the cutest elderly couple in the world, I wish I would have gotten a picture of them. They were somewhere in their 80's driving a Baja Bug (souped up volkswagen beetle). They were on their way to see the crash site, because he was suppose to be on that plane, but was sent to Germany instead. 

Some other fun things that happened in Utah while we were there that I don't have any pictures of, but I  hope that I will soon: Russ' sister Kathy got married!! YAY!! We were so excited for her. 
She had spend the first 7 months of the year in India for work, but before she left she met Jesse. They secretly dated and then he secretly came and visited her in India for a couple of weeks. She showed up to family dinner on July 22nd with him after nobody had seen her for 7 months and said "Surprise I'm getting married." We were so dumb founded!! We had never even heard of the guy, let alone met him. I recovered first and said "Congratulations!!! Does he have a name??" She then told us his name is Jesse and then asked us if anybody could guess the date of the wedding. I guessed it!! August 24th (she had told us to save the date for a family party in an email). So we had a job ahead of us to throw a bridal shower, buy clothes to wear to the wedding, and get everything organized. It was so much fun though. The shower was a blast, the wedding was beautiful and Kathy was such a radiant and happy bride!! She was seriously beaming!! Kathy is 35, so she was kind of at a point where she didn't know if marriage was in the cards for her, but little did she know that she just hadn't met her perfect match. And that is just how I would describe Jesse, an absolutely perfect match for Kathy!! 
I cannot even say how happy I was for this couple, probably one of the best weddings I have ever been to (except my own of course)!!! I really hope to get some pictures of this wedding to post at a later date, because my boys were dressed up so dang cute I really need to document it!!

I took this picture after we returned to PA. Cody wears his boots everyday, and how Wyatt is catching on. I had to dig through and find some that fit him (kind of anyways, they are pretty much huge on him, he trips over them constantly). Yep, that's my boys in short and cowboy boots.

 Look at that mug!! I love that little face!!


3 comments:

Janalee said...

I can't believe you FINALLY updated your blog! I loved reading about it. I guess we are not as good as friends as I thought, I had no idea you did half of this! Fun stuff though!

We Krazy Knuts said...

Oh how fun! Your boys are so so so stinkin' cute! Cody looks like such a good big brother.
Glad you had fun!

Kate said...

Your boys are soo cute and getting big so fast! Glad you guys got to do some fun things in Utah. we miss you!