Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Summer Happenings......

This summer we have been spending a lot of time at Lagoon. We've gone there at least once a week, and Cody LOVES Bombora, the Dinosaur Drop, and the Choo Choo Train. I haven't taken my Camera to Lagoon because mostly I just want to be able to enjoy the time with my family and not be too worried about taking tons of pictures. Plus its really hard to keep up after two kids and take pictures at the same time.


Cody enjoying a refreshing beverage. Yes, we are amazing parents that let our children drink caffeinated beverages, but mostly we like to stick to Root Beer, which is ultimately his favorite.
This picture turned our super grainy but I love seeing this in the morning. When Cody hears Wyatt, he immediately jumps in the crib with him and they start laughing at each other. They are such sweet brothers!!


Cody loves helping his dad with the horses. This is him making Buzzer run around the round pen so that they can get on him. He knows how to crack the whip and all. Its precious.

Cody and Jake are also great helpers in the hay field. They "help" drive the truck so we can throw the bails up.


Funny Things that Cody has said lately:

About 50% of the time he refers to Russ and I by our first names.

He told his Aunt Kristy that his dad is "A pain in my butt" because Russ was getting after him for misbehaving.

When we make him mad he counts to 3 then tells us to go to time out.

He loves to sing the theme song to Mighty Machines, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Star, the ABC's and Itsy Bitsy Spider.

When we are eating he will usually tell me that something is "delicious"

Last night at Texas Roadhouse he ordered all by himself. He told the waitress he wanted chicken critters, applesauce, cheese and a root beer. We all just kind of sat there surprised, but he did an amazing job. He lacked on the pleases and thank you's, which we continue to work on. But considering he is only 2, I was rather impressed. Needless to say, that waitress got a generous tip for putting up with Cody so well, she even brought him a little wind up toy.


What is Wyatt up to??

Wyatt FINALLY started rolling over. On the 25th of June he rolled from back to front and two days later he rolled from front to back.

About 2 days ago he started sitting up really well.

He LOVES his Jumparoo, he can get it bouncing pretty high.

Wyatt loves loves loves his toes!! He plays with them as often as he can.

He is very good at vibrating his tongue and blowing raspberries. No matter how often he does it, it still cracks me up every time.

He is the happiest and most smiley little guy, and he is so easy going. He is such a joy to have in our home.

His prevacid has worked wonders!! He has stopped having allergic reactions to everything he eats, he is sleeping through the night so much better, and he is such a good little eater!!

He loves to give big wet open mouthed kisses, and sometimes if your not careful he'll slip a little tongue in there too.

He can't take his eyes off of Cody, I can tell he is so excited to get up and play with his brother.


We have stayed so busy this summer, but it is really time to crack down and get some packing done.... Russ takes off in the Penske truck with all of our stuff on July 29th. We will be moving in with my parents for about 3 weeks, then we will head out to PA somewhere around August 19th.

Its coming up so fast. Sometimes I get so sad and anxious when I think about leaving Utah, but at the same time I get really excited too. (I know it doesn't make sense, but I'm a little weird like that) I know this is what we are suppose to do and it will be so good for our family.
We are excited to be moving into a BRAND NEW townhouse with all new appliances and best of all we are going to be next door neighbors and across the street neighbors with other families from Utah who are attending the CRNA program with Russ.

4 comments:

Amanda Joy Petersen said...

It sounds like you guys are having so much fun, and that Cody and Abbie are very much kindred spirits:) I bet Wyatt can't wait to crawl and follow Cody everywhere:)

That will be so nice to finally be able to head out to PA, but I get what you mean about the sad/ happy thing:)

Kate said...

So cute that Cody loves to greet Wyatt in the morning! I bet it is so fun to hear them giggle together!

The Wiser Family said...

I love hearing what you guys are up to!! PLEASE, let's get together before you guys move. I love the picture of your boys in the crib together!

Janalee said...

That is so funny that Cody counts, before putting you in "time out",Brynlee does the same thing. So the first time she did it, I am all" are you kidding me?" and she was like
"no IM not tidding!! when I get to number 3 Mommy, you are going in time out" I started to laugh and she was like, " you think that is funny?!! I will show you whats really funny!!"

Which only made me laugh even more!! funny kids! I know what you mean about the move, its nerve racking and exciting and It can be quite the adjustment. But I bet once you guys have all adjusted, you will find yourself in the middle of the greatest adventure!!!I am excited for ya!!(sad to see you go too though!)