Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Love Lost

I know this is pretty pathetic, but it was really a very sad moment in our lives. We had to sell our truck. Russ and I bought this truck about 2 months before I became pregnant with Cody. We had so many good times in this truck. It took us 4-wheeling, camping, and it pulled our trailors. We have so many fond memories associated with this truck, but most of all....

Cody LOVED this truck. He referred to it as "my truck" and was very protective of it. He loved to show it off and he loved to sit on his dad's lap and help him drive when we were using it around our property. This is what made it so hard to get rid of it. We were such chickens about it too. We took Cody to my sisters house so that he didn't have to see it go. That probably makes us cowardly parents, but we just wanted to avoid the trauma. He hasn't said much about it being gone, so I guess it worked. Russ and I shed enough tears that day, we didn't need Cody super upset about it too.

I know we shouldn't be attatched to our material possessions, but selling our truck was very hard. I think that it was the clencher.... selling our truck really made us realize that this is all very much real. We are packing up and moving across the country. We are leaving a lot of things behind, the hardest of all being our families.

No comments: