Thursday, March 4, 2010

Parenting Skills, or the lack there of.....

What can I say... Walmart is painful, and what is even more painful is trying to control Cody in the check out line. He has already sat in the cart as it has been pushed around hells half mile (aka walmart), and to sit stagnant in the checkout line is just more than he or I can handle. We have an alternative though. While one of us deals with checking out, the other takes Cody to McDonalds for an ice cream cone.

This time Cody discovered Ronald McDonald and just HAD to sit on his germy lap and touch his germy face. Just teach him to behave in the grocery store you say?? That would require the parenting skills of somebody much stronger than me. I am a sucker for ease, and if he behaves in the store or not, he will probably get an ice cream cone, not because he deserves it, but because mommy needs it. I am sure that there are many people out there that have perfectly behaved children due to incredible parenting skills, but I will be the first to admit, I do not have all of the answers, nor will I ever. I am going to continue following my enduring motto... FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT.... and yes, that also applies to my nursing skills. Poor patients...... beware!!

1 comment:

We Krazy Knuts said...

I'm totally with ya!!!