This is a pound puppy that was mine when I was little. My parents got one for my sister for her birthday, and I just had to have one too. It was the only thing that my little 2 year old heart desired. Knowning that I would want one too, my parents bought this one for my birthday and hid it in the top of thier closet until that day came. I was not going to have any of that though. I would whine and pout and cry and say "I want my pound puppy!!!" My mom would patiently tell me that I didn't have a pound puppy yet because it wasn't my birthday.... but I knew better than that. I would stand in her room and point at the top of her closet crying and say that I knew it was up there, and that I wanted it right now. My mom tried to reason with me and tell me that if I got my pound puppy now, then I wouldn't be getting anything for my birthday. Apparently I did not care about birthday, there was nothing more important than having my pound puppy right now!!! Sure enough, my mom gave in and when my birthday came and I didn't get any toys, I didn't care because by dang, I had my pound puppy.

I am glad that this has been Cody's favorite toy of the day. He has been carrying it around and giving it kisses non stop. It is fun to see that the toys you played with when you were younger are still cool.
4 comments:
I remember pound puppies! I can't remember if I had one though - I was more of a cabbage patch kids girl! I miss you and your little boy! We need to hang out soon!
that is the cutest story, definately sounds like you!
I had a pound puppy too! He just gets cuter and cuter.
He is so stinken cute, I hope all is going well with the new Job, I miss you guys.
Post a Comment