Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sprinklers and Super Heros


It has been so incredibly hot the last few weeks but my kids love to be outside so we've had to improvise. Our back yard consists of about 4 square feet of "grass" and then a hill straight up, but there is at least enough room for sprinkler. They never like to do it for very long so I just send them out in their underwear and diaper, its not worth washing a swimsuit every time. 
Cody is brave and will run right through the middle.
 Wyatt however stands on the outskirts of the water and squeals like a little piggy.

The library had another super hero day. Good excuse to pull out those capes I made that don't get enough use.
 Kid cluster!!

 Cody trying to show off his muscles.
 Playing super hero games.
 Wyatt just put them in instead of throw them. Much easier that way!!

I'm so glad the library has these little programs that they put on. I think they are super lame, but the kids LOVE doing them. The day before we actually did a rubber duck race at the library. It was kind of a joke because the creek was hardly moving at all, but the kids had a blast watching their ducks get stuck and then brake free. Cody didn't even care if his won or not, he just wanted to make sure he got to take his ducky home!!

1 comment:

We Krazy Knuts said...

So fun! I tried to teach my kids the art and joy of running through the sprinklers just a couple of days ago...and I totally failed. Ben would cover his eyes and walk a little close, Brooklyn would run around it in circles, and they ended up thinking it was not as cool as I did.
Oh well.
At least your kids had fun! And I love the campout they had. Ben asks us almost every day when we're gonna set up the tent.
So fun!