Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy First Birthday Wyatt

Yes, I know this post is way over due.... but I am a little slow.
Anyway... Our wonderful baby boy turned 1 on December 17th. The morning of his birthday I just kept thinking to myself "I can't believe it has only been one year since I was in the hospital having a baby... we were still so unsure of what next the year would bring. And now look at us... we have moved across the country and Russ has one semester of CRNA school down!!"
Wyatt was surprised with this very cute balloon bouquet that my parents ordered and had sent to him. He LOVED playing with them, and of course Cody couldn't get enough of them either.
Yes, I made this cake and you can totally tell!! It didn't have to be that cute because it was going to get smashed!!
The boys checking out the cake.

Messy boy!! It took him a minute, but he went to town on that cake and loved every minute of it!!
We love our baby boy and are so blessed to have him as part of our family. He loves EVERYBODY.... not even kidding. He will go to anybody and especially loves our bishop and all of our close friends and neighbors out here in PA. He is such a bright happy boy and makes us laugh every day.
Some of the things he has learned to do in the last couple of months are: Patty Cake (tries to say it and claps his hands) Says "Uh Oh", "Bye Bye" (and waves backwards at himself). He holds his hand and arm up to his ear and says "Hi" like its his telephone. That last one is probably our favorite!!

4 comments:

Janalee said...

HE is soo darling. I just look at him, and I want to eat him. SO cute.

Thats a cute cake Lindy, you did a great job!

His phone thing is so so cute. such a sweet boy!

Ross and Briar said...

He is so cute. I wish we didn't live on opposite sides of the country so our boys could be friends!

Amanda Joy Petersen said...

Such cute pictures!!! I can't believe it has already been a year. We hope that when we have another kid, that they will finally dive into the cake like that:)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he's a year! That cake is so cute! haha that's so funny that he says hi like you would on the phone. What a cutie!