Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fun Visit Home

First thing when we got of the plane and started heading towards my parents house, Cody gets so excited to see his mountains!! He was started yelling and pointing "Mom, there's my mountains!!! I found my mountains!! I'm so 'cited' I found my mountains." I was a little shocked that he would miss them at such a young age, but that kid amazes every day!!
I think most of all Cody has had a blast just having room to play outside and get dirty. It's a little hard to do that when you live in rabbit pens.
Cody was such a good helper and washed the dishes for grandma one night. He actually did a pretty good job. I can't help but think a kid that can wash dishes should be able to go potty in the toilet, but hey, if he wants his diaper sticking out of his pants, then fine with me!!
Cody also got a chance to go fishing with his Daddy, his Grandpa Flint and his Great Grandpa Child.
He got into the power bait, he was going to put it on the hook all by himself.
This is the catch. Cody was even able to reel a few of them in. He had a blast just hanging out with the boys.
Not sure why he was whining in this picture, but he probably wanted down. Getting pictures isn't his favorite thing to do.
Originally it was our plan to go back to PA on Nov 16th, and then Russ was going to fly out to Utah from the 19th to the 22nd, and be back to PA for Thanksgiving, but the more we thought about it, we decided it would be a lot more worth it to pay a little bit of money to change our flights and stay a little extra time. That way we would be here together for a few days, and Russ' trip would be a little longer. We also got the celebrate Thanksgiving with family, which was awesome, since we won't be able to be here for Christmas.
Our friend Emily was a such a sweet heart, she came and did family pictures for us on Thanksgiving because Russ' mom really wanted a big family picture and wasn't sure when we would all be in town again. We got a few pictures of just our family too, I am so excited to see them. I will post them as soon as I get them.
It has been so nice to be able to spend three and a half weeks here. It will be a little hard to go home, but I am excited to get back to my stuff and the kids are getting excited to see their toys.
I have to get home and decorate for Christmas!! It's going to be here before I know it!! Then right after Christmas I'll be heading back to Utah for another week and a half. If I keep visiting Utah every couple of months, this next two years is going to go by ridiculously fast!!!

No comments: