Poor Cody had to get his tonsils and adenoids taken out yesterday. They were so swollen they were touching. He didn't get a lot of sore throats or anything, but he was snoring and becoming apneic at night. He also wasn't swallowing his food well at all. He would chew chew chew, and then spit it all out because there just wasn't any room for it to go down.
****
The good news is, he is doing AMAZING!! We can hardly tell that anything even happened. He was a whiney baby for about one hour after the surgery and then he was running all over McKay Dee pediatrics unit. We couldn't contain him. Thankfully they let us come home last night. Spending a night in the hospital with him would have been pure torture for all of us.
This was about an hour after surgery. They had me get in the bed with him and cuddle for the first hour, then it was daddy's turn. Poor kid threw up a couple of times, but after that first hour he was a champ. He was so stoned it was hilarious. He hated being hooked up to the BP cuff, sat probe, and IV, but luckily that only lasted about 3 hours. The one thing he hated that we couldn't get rid of was the hospital gown. But he loved the hospital sockies.
He ate lots of popcicles and drank root beer. He even ate Mac and Cheese by 4 pm.
The pictures are out of order, but we had him tell us AWWW one more time before he got rid of his tonsils.*****
Both of his Grandma's and Grandpa's came to see him after he got home. They were also shocked at how well he was doing. He was up and playing, just running around like his usual self, except maybe a little crooked due to the effects of narcotics. My mom and dad brought him a quillow (a blanket that folds into a pillow) with tractors and trucks on it and a toy dump truck, which he loves. Our good family friend, Gail, sent him a tonka truck that he still hasn't stopped playing with. I don't have any pictures of it because right now he is taking a nap with all of his new loot.
*****
By today he was going stir crazy!! He was coming up with every excuse as to why we needed to leave the house. He needed to go to Grandpa's, the store, for a ride in daddy's truck, outside to play with cars.... you name it, he came up with it. So we finally decided to take him to the Air Force Museum, that way he could just ride around in the stroller and look at airplanes. YA RIGHT, by the end he was pushing the stroller and running all over.
*****
He is such a tough little cowboy. We are so proud of him and are so glad that he is doing so well.

7 comments:
Good job Cody! What a trooper! So glad he's doing well. He's such a cutie!
I miss you guys!!! Poor codie!! I hope every thing is going well. We need to get together!!!
So glad that things went well! I was thinking of you guys and your little man on Monday. It was fun to work with you on Sunday too. Hope things continue to go well!
The poor little guy! Glad to hear he is doing well though! He is so cute! I can hardly wait to see his little brother!!
He is so cute. I'm sorry you all had to go through that, but I'm glad he is going so well! I hope all goes well with your labor and delivery coming so soon too!!
What a big boy!! I'm sad he had to get surgery, but glad it all went well.
I am glad that he rebounded so quickly. Asher did this last August, he hated the oxygen monitor he had to wear because of a reaction to the anesthetia. That is nice you got to do it at McKay. Bummer that he threw up.
I love how resilient little boys are; totally fine the next day, all panic they give mommy forgotten:)
Post a Comment