Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just Ducky

There are some ducks that frequently visit our lawn. We don't know who they belong to, but they are rather pesky. They come running at us in hopes of getting fed every time we are outside. Cody is a little afraid of them, but he is brave enough to yell at them to "GO AWAY DUCKS" if they are properly separtated by a railing and a flight of stairs. We had just pulled up into the driveway and he so daringly ran at them to yell "go away," but he was the one who ended up running away screaming. I tried to get my camera out faster, but was unable to capture the full hilarity of the situation.

He regained his bravery at the top of the porch. Here was able to yell and scold. They look terribly frightened and intimidated don't they??
He is so proud of himself for getting a safe distance between them. I must admit they are freakishly large ducks, and when you are 2, I'm sure they are quite frightening as a flock of them is charging you ready to steal the french fry right out of your hand. I did get a pretty good laugh out of it though, it was one of those moments that just made my day.

4 comments:

Janalee said...

That is awesome! I can imagine this whole thing, cody screaming and running for dear life as you (his mom, might I add) is laughing hysterically.

hahaha!

Wish you would have got it on video.

Anonymous said...

Haha Cody is adorable! This post made me laugh! What a cutie!

The Wiser Family said...

He is so stinkin' cute!! I love how bugged by them he is!

Heather J said...

Wow, you guys have been busy. I'll bet your glad to get tonsils our before the baby. Are you getting so excited???? I need to see your belly..... We need to all have dinner one night, before the baby. Hope all is going well.