Cody's birthday fell on Sunday of Labor Day Weekend this year. We drove up to my parents land that day for a cookout and did a small birthday celebration. I made him a caterpillar cupcake cake for easier transport. He just loved to lick the frosting off of them.
All the kids piled into the back of my Tahoe to pose for pictures. It was incredibly windy that day, and trying to keep warm was a bit of a challenge. We couldn't even get the candles to light.
Big cheesy grins all around. Cody is so lucky to have cousins that love him so much, and they even get along most of the time.
The pictures really don't do the cake justice. I had tons of fun making it though.
******
I took Cody to his 2 year well baby check and he is below average in everything. I thought he was a big kid, but guess I was wrong. He is only 40th percentile on height and weight. I'm really not too concerned though because he is a smart active kid that fits into the clothes made for his age. He is starting to talk in 3 or 4 word sentences and loves to read books every chance he gets. He continues to make us laugh on a daily basis, and we really can't get enough of that kid.
******
******
He still doesn't get the concept that we are having a baby, but I'm sure when it gets here he will understand well enough!!

2 comments:
I can't believe he's already 2!! He is so darling and I love his big cheesy smile. I love the caterpillar cake you made!! Happy Birthday Cody!!
He looks so stink-en cute with his hair spiked up...
Post a Comment