Friday, July 23, 2010

Lazy Summer Days

I have been terrible about keeping up with my pictures, I still have a day at the Zoo that I need to post about, but that will have to come later. We haven't been doing anything super exciting this summer, just lots of smaller fun things. Plus, both Russ and Cody are way content to just be sent outside to play.

Cody's daycare lady, Jackie, decided to seek other employment and so we are in the market for a new daycare person. But one good thing that came of it is that Jackie is getting rid of a bunch of stuff that she will no longer need, so we were able to pick this cop car up for an awesome deal. Cody LOVES it, he plays in it for hours on end. He loves to get in and out of it fifty thousand times.

One of my brighter moments this past week was to let Cody try his hand at raviolis. He loved them, but I did not love cleaning up after them. The boy went straight to the tub, and I scrubbed the kitchen down for about 30 minutes. Good thing he handn't made it out of his jammies yet.

Ryan and Reanna were watching Cody for us on Wednesday night and sent me this picture of Cody. I laughed so hard. The look on his face is so serious, it almost doesn't even look like him. Cody has so much fun playing with Ryan and Reanna, they take such good care of him.
***
A little update on unknown gender, therefor unknow name, baby. I had a check up a little over 2 weeks ago, and everything is looking great. The babies growth is right where it needs to be. I am at that stage of pregnancy where I just look like I've put on 20 pounds and am a little chubby. I have no baby bump yet. The one thing I do love about this stage of pregnancy is being able to feel the baby move and kick without feeling like it is taking out one of my lungs or kidneys in the process. I can't complain though, my pregnancy has been great. Other than being a little bit tired, I haven't been sick or uncomfortable much at all. I really do love being pregnant, allthough I can't say Russ necessarily loves having a pregnant wife. We should be able to find out what the baby is in a little less than 2 weeks, so I will keep everybody posted. More than likely baby Rogers will be arriving December 17th, getting us home from the hospital exactly one week before Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cody is so darling! :) I love his cute cop car! Glad to hear baby Rogers is doing great! :) Keep us updated!