As most people have probably heard by now, I am starting a new job on Monday. I will be working at Hill Air Force Base as an Occupational Health Nurse. I am really excited about this new experience. It will be very different from anything I have ever done, but that's to be expected considering that I have only really worked in Thoracic ICU.
***
It was kind of bitter sweet when I found out that I got this job, because I was really sad to leave TICU. I wasn't looking for a new job, the job found me. It seemed stupid to not at least try to get the job though, considering that it is lots closer to home, more money, and I will be working with my way fun cousin. As I applied and interviewed for the job I just started getting more and more exicted about it. It really seems like something I will enjoy. It will be like working in a clinic, which is something that I have always been interested in.
***
Even still, I was sad to leave the ICU, my patient population, and of course my good friends in Thoracic. So I spoke to my manager and we worked something out. I am going to stay in TICU PRN. Yeah!! I will get to be a bedside nurse every once in a while and I will get to see my TICU friends! Most importantly though, I get to work with my favorite co-worker, Russ.
***
These are pictures of Cody with some of our co-workers
Katherine was so sweet to come visit us twice while I was on maternity leave
Cody with Bryna in TICU. They match, no hair!!
Cody with Allison, Mary and Breawn. I never noticed before,
but he kinda has a funny look on his face in this picture.

4 comments:
You know that I will miss you :( You were my favorite student. I am so excited for you. You will do awesome!
Congrats on the new job. I bet it will be much nicer to work close to home and not be so far from your sweet baby boy. And think, night shifts will be a thing of the past. Ah, the normal life. I didn't think I would dig the clinic but I love it and getting to talk to my patients is like a whole new experience. Good luck with your transition. I miss you all terribly. I feel like the only way I keep up is through the blogs.
Wow.....what a big change. Best of luck
Congrats on the new job and what a sweet little boy. Just seeing pictures makes me smile. They really do change your life.
Post a Comment