Let's just say that "I don't like winter" is an understatement!! I seriously want to hibernate in the winter and not come out until spring. This is getting worse as I get older, but less convenient with kids.
Needless to say we did not do a lot over the winter because for one it was damn cold, and for two, we had about a month straight of sickness.
One of our few regular activities included trips to the store. My boys LOVE to get lunch at SAMS club, so needless to say it was usually the highlight of our week.
While I was out driving one day I passed a sign that was advertising "the worlds best gyro." Now I'm pretty convinced that Pittsburgh is not home to the worlds best anything, but I had been craving a gyro for a while and decided that one night we should give it a try. I wasn't exactly sure where the restaurant was, but I remembered where I saw the sign so we decided to just go off of that. We drive down there only to discover that they are selling "the worlds best gyro" out of a CITGO gas station, and a pretty ghetto looking one at that. I made my apologies to my family and said lets just go ahead and go back to Five Guys. There was no way Russ was not going to let me live this one down though. "Oh no, you said we were getting gyro's so lets get in there and get gyro!!" (jerk right?!?! It was an honest mistake!! But it was all in fun.) So off he heads into the CITGO. I decided to play along and headed in myself. Well half of the gas station was made into a fast food joint and this is where they were making up the gyro's. They have the lamb roasting, everything is being made fresh right there in front of us. They have a big tray of Baklava sitting right there. OH BOY, was I ever glad that Russ made us go in there, because believe it or not, these people truly do sell the worlds best gyro!!! We've been back multiple times and have even gotten all of our friends addicted to it:)
The next day we had some left over baklava sitting in the bag and when I came down stairs to get the kids breakfast Wyatt was sitting on the table eating it saying "Icious!! Mommy, this is Icious!!" Uh ya, I would say its a hit!!
We had a nice little mishap of Wyatt throwing a metal airplane at Cody's face. Lucky for me, Russ was doing a 24 hour clinical so he wasn't there to help me. But we have got some great neighbors, and Mat came over and helped me hold it together so we could get a steri-strip on it. Oh let the joys of rough and tumble boys begin!!
My boys love to pad up laundry baskets and watch movies in them. Wyatt got a little too comfortable this day and decided to take a little nap. Cody found him asleep and covered him up with a blanket. He then ran in to tell me, "Mom, Wyatt is asleep, so you need to be quiet." He is such a good big brother!!
And then we got sick!! I'm pretty sure we spent an entire weekend at the Med-Express and the pharmacy filling prescriptions. It started out on a friday night with me getting my annual case of Pink Eye, then the next day Cody getting an ear ache. By Sunday morning we had enough of Wyatt coughing so hard he was throwing up and not keeping anything down so we decided it was time to take his sad little self in too. He was by far the most sick of all, but I was pretty sure it was just something viral he would have to work through, but when I couldn't get his fever to break after day three there was no avoiding it. The sad thing about having two nurses for parents is that you usually aren't getting taken to the doctor unless it is serious, but I finally decided that the dehydration was more than I was willing to overlook. Well, we found out that he had a pretty good upper respiratory infection (which may have been viral) so he got a nice dose of antibiotics and steroids.
They only time he wasn't miserable was when he was sleeping. I spent a lot of time cuddling him in the recliner and next to me in bed.
This would be the magic of tylenol in effect here.
But he was still too ornery to take off his cowboy boots!!
Cody told me that he felt like something was growing in his ear, so this is his little trip to the med express.
We finally got better and could have a play date. While we were at the neighbors, Amy taught Wyatt how to do this with his eyes.
Thank heaven for modern medicine, we sure were a miserable bunch and were very grateful for it.
Needless to say I am so glad winter is over, I definitely had a gut full of that one!!







No comments:
Post a Comment