On December 17th our little man, Wyatt, turned 2!! Oh my, does time ever fly?!?!?! This little boy is a delight!! He cracks us up all of the time. We call him "the one word wonder." He only speaks one word at a time and is very proficient at getting his point across. He is determined that he can do anything the big kids are doing. Nothing is going to hold this little boy back. He is a little dare devil.
For his birthday we went to the Pittsburgh Zoo since the zoo is one of his favorites. Luckily the weather cooperated and we were able to enjoy the animals for a couple of hours.
I was a terribly lazy mom and did not make him a birthday Cake. Russ saved the day though and went and picked up an Ice Cream Cake from a lovely little place called the Meadows. (A place we will sorely miss when we no longer live in PA).
We sang happy birthday and opened presents. It was a fun day of just hanging out.
I have to tell another story about Wyatt that happened today which made me laugh harder than it should of, but it was seriously funny.
I had gone to the grocery store and when I got home I started hauling in the bags. I handed Wyatt his "night night" (blanky) and told him to head into the house. He was dragging it so I told him to pick it up and not drag it. He proceeded to place it over his face and head. I informed him that I though this was going to be a bad idea, but he continued into the house this way, or should I say he proceeded into a snow bank. He went head long into it, his hands were buried up this his wrists in snow and his "night night" was still over his head so he couldn't even see how to help himself. He was crying and screaming just sitting there with his hands out in front of him all useless. Of course here I am, being parent of the year as usual, laughing my head off wishing I had caught this on video!! I finally had to set down my groceries and help him up, brush off the snow, and assist him with putting the "night night" around his shoulders so that he could see and it would not longer drag. I am still laughing about this as I am writing it. This kid provides us with some awesome laughs.









1 comment:
Happy Birthday Wyatt!!
And honestly, I wish you would have gotten that on video too! Sounds so funny...and I would have been the same...just laughed!
Post a Comment