Saturday, September 17, 2011

Enjoying the Zoo with Cousins.

Since I had to come back to Utah to work a few shifts we have been playing hard and enjoying spending time with our family and friends. Cody has been able to spend a few days with his Grandpa Rogers, and let me tell ya, that kid comes home filthy!! I seriously had to scrub him for 15 minutes to get all of the dirt off. They have been going to the fire station and playing on the fire trucks, riding 4-wheelers, riding the tractor, riding Smokey, playing with Levi and Sawyer (the neighbor kids) eating chicken nuggets and getting dirty!!
I forgot to pack my camera and have only had my phone, so I didn't get a lot of pictures.
We had lots of fun spending a day with the cousins at the Hogle Zoo.
Wyatt riding the horse with Hayden
Cody and Bryndle (they are best frenemies)
Anni
Cody loves drinking fountains, and this is the best one on the planet according to him.
I really need to post pictures of our house and the things we've been doing in PA, but I've been so busy getting it all put together, I haven't even had a chance. We love our home, ward and neighbors, we really have been blessed. The area we live in is beautiful, everything is so green and alive. My only struggle: Driving!! It is NOTHING like driving in Utah where everything is straight and comes to an intersection. The roads there curve and bend and you feel like you are constantly driving through a canyon. You don't make a turn, you take an obscure fork in the road. Then all of the sudden out of nowhere pops up a town. Things are also in the most random places. You will seriously be driving in the middle of nowhere with nothing about but a few houses and A LOT of cornfields, then all of a sudden there is a huge doctor's office, or a chocolate shop. I always think to myself "who the heck goes to these places, they are freaking in the middle of nowhere." It's really nice though, and we are so grateful that we made the decision for Russ to go to school there. After the first day of school he came home and told me that he was absolutely sure we made the right decisions, because he knew he will be getting a great education and awesome experience.
Our neighbors have been amazing and helpful. We hang out all of the time, they are pretty much family. Cody even calls one of the guys that Russ goes to school with "Uncle Wes" and Uncle Wes happens to be Wyatt's second favorite person in the world next to me. Wes hangs out with us a lot because we have a TV and he doesn't:) We love having him around. He lives about 30 minutes away because he is single and can live in a less expensive "retirement" community, even though he is only 29.
Overall PA has been great, but I have REALLY enjoyed my time back in UT with family and friends. I am glad I can come back and do it again in 2 months.

No comments: