Tuesday, April 12, 2011

School of Hard Knocks

I just thought that I would let any of you out there in the blogging world learn from my experience. I apologize for the terribly unattractive picture of myself, but it is necessary for the full effect.

Here goes... My sister has a friend that got laid off of her job and has had a very difficult time finding employment. Because of this she has decided that she is going to start doing eye lash extensions. My sister already had eye lash extension so she asked me if I would be willing to let her friend practice on me. I had some reservations, but agreed to go along with it. I thought it was silly since I already have pretty nice eyelashes and there is no way in heck I was going to pay the ridiculous amount of money to keep them up, but hey, what could it hurt to try something new once. Plus she was doing it for absolutely free, and if I didn't like them I could just get them taken off.

After laying on my back with my eyes shut for 4 hours, it was finally done, and I have to admit, they were actually very pretty. She did an awesome job!! (if anybody is interested I would totally recommend her).

The next night I started getting a little congested and my eyes were a little itchy, but they told me this may happen and to just put some antihistamine drops in my eyes and they should be better by the next morning. Needless to say, they were NOT better by the next morning, in fact they were worse. I thought I would try to give it a little more time and if they weren't better by the end of church I would call her to have them removed.

By the last hour of church everybody was asking me if I was okay and wondered if I had worked the night before because I looked really tired. I had no idea but I had developed a few hives on my eyelids by this time.

As soon as I got home from church I gave Jodi a call and told her what was going on. We both ran over to her friends house (the lady training her) and got them removed as quickly as possible. They told me I was the first person they had seen this happen to, wouldn't you know it. To make my day better, I got a flat tire on my way home from getting my eyelashes removed.

















After getting them removed and as the day went on, I went into full blown allergic reaction. My eye lids were so swollen they almost looked inside out. I have hives all across my eyes and nose, and I even itch up into my hair line. GRRRRRR, talk about wanting to scratch my eyeballs out. I keep thinking that I will wake up and my eyes will look better, but so far, no go. The picture really doesn't do it justice, they really look HORRIBLE!! Needless to say, I have not left my house since Sunday.

So please, if you have an adhesive or tape allergy, DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT get eyelash extensions. Just because they are only putting the glue on hair, does not mean your skin will not absolutely freak out!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've wanted to get eyelash extentions for so long... but after reading this, I think I've changed my mind. I hope your eyes start getting better soon!

The Wiser Family said...

Oh man Lindy!! That looks so painful, my eyes are watering just looking at the picture! I hope they get feeling better soon!

Amanda Joy Petersen said...

Oh Lindy, I am so sorry. Eye issues are the worst, with allergic reactions at close second. I hope that everything heals up and stops itching quickly.

Lindy said...

Che', as long as you don't have an adhesive allergy I think that you would really be okay. I know tons of people who have them with no problem, and they really did look so nice!!

Janalee said...

oh girl!!!! I am so sorry! You poor thing! that is terrible, I know all about allergic reactions and people saying something to you. But don't worry they go away! I hope everything gets better and back to normal soon!!!

Kate said...

Ouch! You poor thing! Hope they are healing quickly!

David & Camille said...

Oh my gosh!! You poor girl!! That looks so painful. I hope you are feeling better!!!

Dee Dee said...

Oh my goodness Clueduh! That looks absolutely miserable. I hope that you are getting relief from the allergy by now; if not feeling completely better. I'm so sorry that happened to you.